I’ve been fortunate enough to have gone through many cars in my life, some were fast
and some were pretty; but none of them came that way. I’m not one to conform to
normality, nor do I find content easily. I pick my builds carefully and I pick
my parts carefully. With each project; I wield a vision and craft my way to the automotive equivalent of an NBA
championship. I started with a Honda, and built a modern day low rider. Then a Lexus that
bridged luxury
and exotic
styling and finally a Mercedes
that went from soccer mom to European sport.
Fortune continues, as I found my way into a career that I
love. It would seem; boys that love cars grow into men that build them. And
this career of mine allows me to contribute on a level that goes beyond showing
off a car. I lend assistance to those who share my common drive. And at times,
I get caught up in the hustle of the market that I forget what drove me here in
the first place.
Like many of you, I have a list of cars that I’ve always
wanted to own. And for each car; I have a vision of what I’d do to it. I
look at the body lines, the lights, and the stance and think, that car would
look great with a bumper that
looks like _______, or a hood that looks like ______. Most often inspiration
comes from around. I may look at a new car and think the concept looked better,
and if I think so, maybe others do as well. So someone should make aero products to appease. Enter
my career.
In a series of posts yet to be titled, I’m going to present a
car. Probably one from my personal list, next I’ll provide other cars from which styling cues
should be considered. Love them or hate them, it’s my brand; which is exactly
what makes this all go wonderful. If you hate mine, create your own. If everyone did
this; then maybe we can revive the spirit of individualism again. And invoke a
time when conformity wasn’t an option. Have you ever walked up to a car in a parking lot and thought
it was yours only to find out you parked a few spaces down, or another row
over?
No comments:
Post a Comment